Cheese lovers, mark your calendars for Raleigh’s annual Celebration of Cheese, known on the streets as CHEESE PLEASE!, a unique event celebrating North Carolina’s delicious culinary cheese scene.On Wednesday, August 13th, from 10 AM-2 PM, the Raleigh Downtown Farmers’ Market at City Plaza will host an incredible local cheese festival to showcase a wide selection of the area’s finest cheese and cheese makers.
CHEESE PLEASE! activities include:
- Epic Grilled Cheese Cook-Off featuring downtown Raleigh chefs from Buku, Gravy, and The Oakz
- Artisan cheese sampling from local vendors: Paradox Farm Creamery, Goat Lady Cheese, and Mr. Russell’s Brie Soups
- Food truck fare from American Meltdown
- Live music from Dark Water Rising
- Beer tasting from Bombshell Beer Co.
- Fresh produce, meats, and artisan baked goods
- Local lunch vendors
What a great way to learn about some of our local creameries and sample some excellent local fare. Click here for more details on CHEESE PLEASE!